Sunday, October 2, 2011

OPPOSITES ATTRACT

Have you ever heard the saying -There must be common ground for a relationship to survive?-

I'm not "quoting" because I don't think those are the words EXACTLY, but you get my meaning.

There was a day and time when I would have whole-heartedly agreed with that statement.

I mean. it makes sense, right?

Well my husband and I must be the exception to that rule, because we are as different as night and day.

The only thing we have in common is that we love each other immensely........................










He's a country boy.........I'm more of a city girl.





He loves to hunt and fish................. I can't stand the thought of killing an animal.

Yes, I will admit that I've added to the road kill population....a couple of skunks (but stinky critters don't really count),  a squirrel, an armadillo (very crunchy-YUCK!), and even a bird once (I think that bird was on a suicide mission though)......but I felt really bad about all of them and I certainly wouldn't have brought any of them home to use as decorations above the fire place.






He loves country music, I love every other kind of music.


The quickest way to become depressed is listening to country music.

 True story.

Somebody is always cheatin' someone else and sad because their dog died and gettin' drunk while drivin' their pick-up truck.





He loves to camp.......I love my soft, comfy bed and knowing I won't wake up with a snake staring at me.





He loves the cold and snowy mountains.......I love blue waters and sandy beaches.






He loves television shows that challenge his mind and make him think... (he's very smart!)


I love shows that will relax my mind and make me laugh.....I have teenagers.....I don't need a television show to prove to me that I'm not smarter than a fifth grader.





I'm a neat freak and a little OCD with my cleaning.......


He appreciates the fact that I'm a neat freak and a little OCD with my cleaning.




He's boots and jeans.....I'm high heels and mini skirts.



I'm a talker.......he's a listener....except when I'm in trouble....then we switch places.



I could go on and on, but I won't.

You get the picture......opposites....in every sense of the word.

But it works for us.....we balance each other out.



I am weak where he is strong, and vise versa.



And that makes sense to me.



I mean, 2 positives or 2 negatives don't equal anything...unless you're talking algebra.....and I don't speak that language.




We meet in the middle and respect each other and support each other. If we were both alike...lord help us all!





Just because we're married doesn't mean we have to act alike and think alike.......and God forbid....those couples that even dress alike. (you know who you are!)






I used to feel like it was a bad thing that we didn't have anything in common, but I'm okay with that now.



Because it doesn't really matter what the books say, or what "marriage experts" say, or even what the world says.



I am who I am, and he is who he is.......



And together we are amazing.


~PRINCESS XOXO


1 comment:

  1. You learn more from each other if you are different. You may learn in time that you mold to the common ground.

    ReplyDelete