Thursday, October 27, 2011

RULE MAKER / RULE BREAKER



I guess all is fair in love and DD.

He makes the rules for me to follow.

I try hard to follow them........

most of the time anyway.

I've had a few people that have asked me what my rules are, so I've decided to share those with you now.


                                  SPANKABLE OFFENCES  


1.   I MUST TRUST HIM IN EVERYTHING


2.   I MUST OBEY HIM ALWAYS


3.  I MUST RESPECT HIM ALWAYS


4.   I WILL NOT UNDERMINE HIM


5.   SWEARING


6.   STICK TO MY BUDGET


7.   NEGATIVE TALK ABOUT MYSELF


8.   LYING


9.   TEMPER TANTRUMS (IN ALL SITUATIONS)


10. GOING TO BED ANGRY


11. ARGUING IN FRONT OF THE KIDS


12. WON'T COMMUNICATE


13. BLIND ANGER 


14. COOPERATE DURING PUNISHMENT


15. JOURNAL DAILY BY 10 P.M.


16. ALL HOUSEWORK DONE DAILY BY 3 P.M.


17. HUBBY'S APPROVAL ON ALL SHOPPING LISTS


18. SHOW RECEIPTS FOR SAID SHOPPING LISTS


19. NO TOYS WITHOUT HUBBY


20. HONESTY


21.  SEAT BELT


22. TRAFFIC TICKET


23. MULTIPLE WARNINGS IN ANY AREA


24. GO TO BED TOGETHER EVERY NIGHT


25. NO COMPUTER AFTER 10 P.M.


26. CONTINUAL GRUMPY / IRRITABLE MOOD


27. BEING STUBBORN


28. HAVING A SMART / SASSY MOUTH 


29. READ MY RULES EVERY MORNING


30. NO SMOKING




That's a lot of rules, huh?

I mean GOD himself only gave us 10 to follow......

But my hubby gave me 30 more.

Not because he's a tyrant or anything....

Just because he knows I struggle in some areas more than others.

Some were made to keep peace in our home.......

some were made to make me a better wife, mother, and all around person....

some were made to keep me safe....

and some were made to make my life easier and less stressful.

My rules aren't in any particular order and there is not one rule any more or less important than another.

There are no gray areas....only black and white with my hubby.

I happen to like gray.....it's a very neutral color.

I have the same consequence for every rule.

The lecture comes first.

Lots of Q and A.......

"Why do we have this rule, Princess?"...." How did you brake this rule, Princess?."...... "What should you have done to avoid being here right now, princess?".......................





Then comes the spanking.......bare bottomed, always.......







Then comes the love and reassurance......lots of hugs and kisses......"You know I love you, right?"...... "And you know I don't like punishing you, don't you?"..........."But you know I will if I have too,right?"........"You know I need you to be my good girl, so let's make sure this doesn't happen again, OK?"



God I love my life.

















~Princess xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Great post!!! the last line made me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! That's a lot of rules, doesn't leave much room for manoeuvring lol! I can understand the reasons you have listed for having them though and they all make sense. I have a 'discussion of our rules' coming up very shortly so I'm wondering if I'll still think 30's a lot after it! Wish me luck!
    Ps: I loved the last line too :)
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra,(love that name!) Thank you! To be honest, the last line made me smile too:)

    Dee, Yup they are a lot of rules, but you know what? For some reason I love it...:)
    Many lucky wishes coming your way on your discussion of rules!! I hope he gives you every rule you need LOL...Tell him princess thinks you need a no smoking rule!! You won't die! I promise!!!

    ~Princess xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Princess, short of sewing my mouth up I'm not sure how I'd manage it lol! Saying that, that would probably make the other rules a lot easier to keep!! :)) I'll let you know for sure if he thinks about putting in place a rule regarding smoking coz let me tell you...... You WILL have ranting emails from me!

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a long list...but really it's just specifics about respect, obedience, cooperation and getting stuff done. Sometimes being specific is good...no loopholes...lol.

    We don't have a list or anything written all but we both know what they are. There are a handful of firm true rules but the rest are guidelines and I know when I cross the line or manipulate the intent of one.

    It sounds like you like them exactly the way they are, so it must work perfectly, if ouchily. Is that a word?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee~ LOL Ok, you be sure and let me know;)
    And I will be here for those ranting emails!!!

    Susie~ yeah, most do revolve around trust, respect, obedience, and honesty. But there are many other areas covered in the rest. I do actually like having them in writing, that way everything is black and white (hubby's 2 favorite colors) , so there is no guessing if I broke one and Having to read them every day actually helps me to follow them. They are fresh in my mind for the day. It's not fool proof, but it works for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it works for you...it's always interesting to see how other couples manage.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow princess! That is a lot of rules! You must be a bad girl! LOL But, like Dee said, I can see why each one would be needed. Except the seat belt. Isn't that a given? Anyway, thank you for being brave and sharing such a private thing with us<3
    #TEAM PRINCESS#
    Mandy May <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. its a lot of rules, but many i feel come under the 4 D's - you guys have just broken them down - i have a few similar ones - shopping budget - receipts - approval before spending. Its hard.
    Thank you for sharing - its how id like to see my DD relationship working too :) love and hugs kiwi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty~ Yes it is interesting to get a glimpse into other peoples lives and what works for them and what doesn't. We're all doing the same thing, we're just all doing it a bit differently :)


    Mandy~LOL No, actually, I'm a very good girl:) That's why I need so many rules....If I only had a few, I'd never be in trouble;)
    Oh and on the seat belt rule, yeah, it's a law, so it should be a given, but 14 years ago my oldest brother was burned alive in a car accident. He couldn't get out of his seat belt.
    So I haven't worn my seat belt since then. It's a fear I have. But now it's a rule. It's hard.

    Kiwi~ yes I remember you actually confessed on my blog about the little deal you and your friend had going with the money thing!!:)
    I often wondered how that turned out for you...


    ~Princess xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems pretty simple when you put it like that doesn't it? I would be constantly getting spanked with those rules. My husband would give up for sure!!!!

    Glad you love your life!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have a lot of specific rules, just a few, but I can understand where specifics could be helpful in addressing areas that you struggle with. Specific rules tend to be very personal that way, which is a good thing.

    I'm so sorry about your oldest brother. That's awful! I can understand why that makes it hard for you to wear your seat belt. I hope you do wear it though.

    I too loved the last line and agree that it's interesting to read what works for others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly~ From what I've read of yours, you actually sound a lot like me...so I don't think you would be getting spanked all the time:)...but we gotta keep these hubbies on there toes!

    Grace~ Thank you for everything you said, you are very sweet:) I do, for the most part wear my seat belt now, but it is hard to let go of the thoughts and memories that wearing one brings, and it's also kinda hard to just break a 14 year habit overnight. Yes the rules are personal and specific, mostly because my hubby want's everything black and white, so there is no wiggle room, because I swear that when I just had general rules, I could convince him every time how what I did, didn't "technically" count as breaking a rule. LOL

    Princess xoxo

    ReplyDelete