Tuesday, October 4, 2011

IT DOESN'T COME NATURALLY





This adorable pic made me LMAO.



It also got me thinking.........



If GOD intended women to submit to our husbands, why doesn't it come naturally?



I mean, he intended for us to eat to nourish the body......and that comes naturally.



He intended us to sleep to rest our minds.....and that comes naturally.



So you would think that being submissive would come naturally......because it can heal the soul of a woman.



Because it can make us feel safe, and protected, and bring out that feminine side of us that we need to feel.



It feels very natural when I submit to my husband.



But it's difficult to make myself submit to my husband.



It doesn't come naturally.



I wasn't programmed from birth to be strong and independent.




The life I've lived has forced me to be strong and independent.




 I want so badly to be submissive to my husband in every way and in every area of our life together.




It is a daily struggle to wake up being in control of everything and then automatically hand it to my husband when he walks through the door at night.



It's like a Dr.Jeckle / Mr. Hyde situation daily.



We have to be two different people every day, and then be able swap those two personalities on a moments notice.



Geez.....all that personality changing could make a girl Bipolar.....(yes, it's ok to laugh).




Life would be easier if it were an episode of  Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch.......... where my husband worked bankers hours, and could just swoop in at a moments notice and handle all the stressful stuff with kids...... and schools...... and the plumber...... and the cable guy..... and the neighbors and their dogs that run loose and tear up our trash every Wednesday................




But sadly, that's not reality.



So I will continue to be tough and wear my big girl panties when he's gone, and then quickly slip them off right before he comes home..........



Hmmm........maybe that's why God gave husbands such big strong hands??


~PRINCESS XOXO 

4 comments:

  1. I get where you're coming from. It's (impossible? Lol) difficult to go from being the person in charge that some of us have to be during day time if you like, to letting that go for our partners. I find this quite a challenge at times.
    Oh....... And the pics are dead cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... there are a lot of ttwd that I have problems with.. but this one I feel like I do better than other.

    I think of myself as being the House Manager. I too am in charge of everything in our house and inside the fence surrounding our place. Even when he is home... I still "manage"... where it changes is the decisions. When he is home he makes the decisions... the bigger ones that I don't know how he would want me to answer. I do have to say that my S doesn't micromanage me... I don't really need it in my day to day life, and he doesn't like to. If he does have an opinion, we go with that one.

    Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect at this.. this is just how I get my head wrapped around a harder subject. Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I missed this one. I agree, it is tough. There is both a desire in me to be submissive and a fight to control and manipulate him. They can all be in my head in the same 10 seconds. I guess we just try to keep figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, sister :) I have written about this many times on my blog...I fail at submission when he's been away. He has to "put me there" sigh..

    Imagine what it's like when it's been a month- extremely difficult.

    ReplyDelete