Friday, September 30, 2011

THE OTHER SIDE OF ME

Hi.

I'm back.

I know.....you didn't know I was going anywhere.

Neither did I.

That's why I haven't posted in a while.

I didn't just get back from a cruise....or vacation....or even the grocery store.

I just got back from a very dark, lonely, scary place that I don't like to be.

I just got back from the other side of me.

I have a secret................

I'm kind of Bipolar.

Okay........not kind of.

I am Bipolar.

Don't judge me.

Well, I guess you can if you want to.

I'm not one of those people you see standing on a street corner talking to myself.

We're not all crazy.

Some of us are just really MOODY bitches.

I try to find humor in everything, because life is just too serious.

That's why in all of my other posts, I've put funny or cute little pictures to lighten the mood, or even make you smile.

But you won't find any of those pictures in this post.

Because it's not funny.

This is part of my life.

 Part of who I am.

This is actually kind of hard for me....but just in case there is someone out there......who knows what I'm talking about......and might feel kind of alone......and needs to know that you're not..........

You are the reason that I'm sharing.......the other side of me.



I've felt safe for a long time now.

I'm thinking it's been around 4 years now that I have felt normal and that I have convinced myself that I'm just like everyone else.
And that was after about 2 years of being an experimental guinea pig and going through a nightmare-ish hell until we found the right combination of medicine to balance me out.

My doctor told me that I will have "break-thoroughs" for the rest of my life. You know, times that either depression or manic phases will come back, even though I'm medicated.

Lack of sleep, stress, and hormonal changes are the biggest triggers for break through.

But after such a long time without any problems, I didn't see this one coming.

And neither did my husband.

If you have been reading my blog, you know that the last entry was about me emotionally detatching myself from my husband and not knowing why I was doing it.

And that I got all emotionally out of control because he wasn't reading my mind and trying to "fix" this problem that he wasn't even aware we were having.

And that ended with me being punished late that night for breaking like 10 rules.

Well, it was so late, and I was so tired that night, that I didn't get that time after my hubby spanked me to "reconnect". Which I really needed. Especially since I felt so emotionally distant from him before he spanked me.

I slept horribly that night, and that should have been my first clue. I mean, what makes for a better nights sleep than a good old fashioned spanking, right?

Not this time.

The next 3 days were a downward spiral for me. Not ever feeling reconnected to my husband, not sleeping at night. My emotions felt locked up. Like I couldn't change them. No matter how much we talked or how much I tried. I just couldn't shake it. I blamed my continually spiraling out of control mood on lack of sleep and PMS. And I blamed my poor hubby for not being able to "fix us" when it wasn't an "us" thing, It was just a "me" thing.

We even tried a good girl spanking on Tuesday night. A good girl spanking can fix anything and always helps us reconnect.

Not this time.

By Wednesday I was in such a bad place mentally that I called him at work and told him that "this" (DD) wasn't working anymore. That it wasn't making us better anymore. That it wasn't "fixing" things anymore.



And then I hung up on him.


Then my brain became foggy and couldn't think straight anymore.
 Everything around me seemed dark and distant and hopeless.
 And I was so tired.
 And it scared me.
 And then, suddenly, I remembered feeling that way before.
 A long time ago.
 And then I knew what was happening.



A medicine tweak and finally some sleep brought me back to reality.

The next day I woke up feeling brand new. I felt amazing. I felt that connection with my husband that I thought was gone forever. I smiled a lot that day and laughed for the first time in 4 days, and my hubby said "It's so good to hear you laugh again Princess."

And that made me smile again.


I caught it before it went too far, but I'm angry that it went as far as it did before I realized what was happening. I could have ruined everything.

 Feeling safe is a wonderful thing, until it's taken away.

I don't feel safe anymore.
I can't.
My medicine isn't a cure.
It's a temporary fix until next time.



But for now, I'm back.
And I'm glad to be back.
I'm happy.
I'm in Love.
I'm smiling.
I'm laughing.

I'm Princess again..........but sometimes it sure is tough.



~PRINCESS XOXO









8 comments:

  1. glad to know things are much better now

    ReplyDelete
  2. You explained that so well. I have a friend who suffers much like you. I think your very articulate sharing will be a help and a comfort to many.

    I'm sorry for your recent hardships and so glad you are coming out on the other side. It must be so unsettling.

    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're very brave, very open and very honest :) I have no idea what you are going through but I can still empathise with you. You are who you are, we all are. Acceptance of who we are is quite a liberating thing.
    I'm glad you're feeling so much better now.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did write that well and it will help someone! I have had one very close bipolar friend--and it was very hard to watch her go into one phase or the other and know that she couldn't see it. Really tough...and before proper meds. I'm so glad that you did recognize what you needed...means you'll be even more aware next time as will your husband. People who judge are just mean...don't worry about them. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you went through such a tough time, Princess, but I'm glad you decided to share it with us. It takes a lot of courage to be that transparent, and I really hope you are pleased and proud of yourself! I have some family members who struggle with bipolar disorder, and I know how difficult it can be.

    Your post inspires me to not be afraid to examine myself closely and then do my best to make changes where necessary (and believe me, I have more than a few necessary changes to make!)

    Blessings,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all ladies for your kind and supportive words.....They mean more than you could possibly know:)

    ~PRINCES XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome princess! So strong and confident to be so honest like that!! <3<3

    #TEAM PRINCESS#

    mandy may

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh honey... I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that, how awful! I have to tell you, you are not alone!

    I'm not bipolar... but I do have diabetes. Honestly, I have some of those same times. I have neoropathy in my feet and even though I have meds.. sometimes I have days that my hands and feet hurt so badly that I just can't stand it... like I have an acid burn or something even though my skin is fine.

    Pain can make a person do the craziest of things... and I think some of us really do kinda get where you are coming from.... not a place for wimps!!

    The happy thought for you is that I don't think you can ruin what you have. I think your husband is strong and loves you and wouldn't let you be anything but safe. That is the wonderful part of being in a constant relationship where when you fall... your hoh will pick you up and hold you... sometimes spank you after that.. but then will hold you... and love you!!!

    (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete